First thing I want to do is tell you a story. It is
about a wonderful baptism we had this last week and how the Lord
performs miracles. We had a baptism of someone the sister missionaries
taught in our district and as we were setting up
chairs one of the sister missionaries ran in and was kind of freaking
out. She asked us if we had filled up the font....(cricket sounds).
Nobody filled it up. Oh man. So we ran to the place to turn it on and we
found out that it normally takes almost 3 hours
to fill it up. We didn’t know what to do. Then I was like well we’ve
got to try something. I ran with my companion. We started to fill up
buckets and ran them down the hall and dump them in. After like 2
minutes I was soaked in sweat and I didn’t know what
to do because it wasn’t really working. We decided to pray. We said a
prayer and then said we would go as hard as we could for 30 minutes. If
it wasn’t close or kind of the bishop said he was going to cancel the
baptism. I really didn’t want that to happen.
So we kept going. We were filling buckets in the sink in the bathroom
and the janitor closet and I was running up and down the hall haha. One
time I slipped and spilled like half the water on myself. Thirty minutes
later the font was almost full. The bishop
was like so confused. It was so awesome. I don’t think it was us that
really filled it up because we spilled half the water in the hallway,
but I know that if we have faith the Lord can work miracles.
The rest of the week was honestly kind of crappy.
We had a really good investigator and then she randomly texted us and
told us that she didn’t want to talk anymore and have anything to do
with us. I was honestly so so sad. We tried calling
her and she answered one time and then when she realized it was us
hurried and hung up. It was kind of funny because like half way through
the question of who is this she realized who it was and just got really
quiet then hung up. All you can do is push forward.
This happened like 5 more times with other investigators. I wanted to
just be done. I think I have prayed more this week than ever before. One
day I just felt at peace. And then I felt the spirit so strong.
I’ve seen some giant cockroaches and bugs. Lots of
awful dogs. There are just normal types of birds here. Honestly it is
just like super super poor United States here more or less and everyone
speaks Spanish. I actually like it a lot.
I wouldn’t mind living here because everything is so so cheap like so
crazy.
Sorry I didn’t get lots of pictures this week! We
were super busy! I will get some good ones next week. The picture
attached is a cake we made this week. The symbol is called puro
bautismo. It means we just baptized. I also learned this
week that this is like the hardest area. The missionaries before us
kind of messed it up and so they put us here to start it over.
I know that even in the times of our trials the
Lord is with us and will give us strength to push forward. I know the
church is true, and that if anyone has a question about anything or
lacks a testimony of something, if you work to develop
it and do your part, I know that you can know the truth of anything you
need.
No comments:
Post a Comment