Haha the title of this week relates to the climate of Reynosa, my experiences, and the photo attached.
Well this week has been a
rollercoaster of a week, lots of trials. I learned that the area I am
in is one of the hardest areas in Reynosa which comforts me a little
bit, but its still so hard. I went on an exchange
with one of the assistants named Elder Mullins. He is from Orem, Utah
and he leaves this week. He taught me some awesome things and really
changed my point of view on things. He was in my same area at about 1
year into his mission. and he told me that this
area was the only area that he didn’t have any baptisms. We have a
saying when things are going bad and stuff just kind of stinks, “well at
least we have our health”. This week was a trial of my patience. I read
in Preach My Gospel that it is one of the most
important traits to have, so I decided to try to be more patient not
only with the people of Reynosa but also with myself. We had
appointments fall through, grandmas yell at us, and drunk guys crashing
their bikes into us,
but I tried in every moment to have
patience. At the end of the week we found almost 10 people that are
super cool. It was honestly an answer to my prayers. In Alma 31:31 it
talks about patience a lot and it is super great.
I know that if we rely on the Lord he will strengthen us in our times
of trials. Like the family of nefi (spelling in Spanish) in the desert
of their afflictions, if we are faithful we will make it to the promised
land.
This week I ordered a
corn on the cob in the street from a little cart. It was so good. He put
it in a cup for me haha I dont know why but he did. It was delicious.
It had peanuts and other stuff and was super
spicy. Also it rained a ton and is finally cooling down a little here.
Miracles really do happen! Also the one picture is one of the members
house. It is an old abandoned warehouse. He just lives there with a ton
of dogs and guards it. But boy can he cook.
No comments:
Post a Comment