Monday, October 3, 2016

A Letter To Dad 10/03/16

Elder Hawley

Hey I need some advice. I dont know what to do because i want to work so hard becasue i set a goal to baptise 200 people not becasue the number is important but i like to have a physical goal to work towards. I literally would study and work through the night if i could. But my comp does not want that. He is always singing bad songs and just is kind of lazy and i honestly dont know how much he really wants to be here. I dont know what to do. I think that i have only one week left with him though so that should be alright. I love him hes a great friend jsut not super focused.

Dad
 Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I got your email after you had stopped emailing  for the week. So here is my advice.  You are in a tough spot. It is important that you do all you can do.  Be ready and be an example to him the best you can. Try to see the good and the way he works best then support him the best you can. There are lessons to be learned. Being a good follower is important and it will teach you how to be a good leader. The lord is preparing you for the future work he has for you. Pray to heavenly father so you can learn the lesson that he has for you. It is no accident that he is your companion. He has things to teach you and you have things to teach him. Do your part the best you can and I know the lord will bless you and take care of the rest. Patience and love like the saviors example. Think how frustrated he must get working with us, and the apostles he served his mission with. I'm so proud of you and so excited for you and to see the experiences you are having. The lord is preparing you for great things. We love you. We pray for you always. Stay strong and be of good courage.
Love Dad

Elder Hawley
 dont worry about it! I have honestly had the hardest week of my life. I wanted to punch my companion in the face like a thousand times. I dont know if it is bad to say that or against the rules but i did. Haha i have never prayed so much in my whole life. I just want to find people to teach but i dont know how or cant because my spanish is mas or menos feo. I know that i am supposed to learn patiance from my companion and heavenly father has made that very clear. All i can do is love him and serve him the best i can. I am just getting up by myself and doing the daily stuff now. I make mistakes and do dumb things everyday and i know that now that is how heavenly father feels. I have never had more doubts in my life and never have felt the spirit as strong. thanks for the prayers i pray for you guys too. love you Elder Hawley.


No comments:

Post a Comment