Monday, October 3, 2016

I Believe I Can Fly 10/3/2016

Haha when we are contacting and someone lets us in and we teach them a lesson, when we leave and once we get in the street I sing this….”I Believe I Can Fly”.  Well this week has been super good. I first want to talk about General Conference. General Conference is the best thing ever. I know that when I was younger I always just took a nap but I wish that I would've payed more attention because of how great of a thing it is for everyone. It can answer any question you have and can answer questions you didn’t even know you had. When I hear the prophet and his apostles speak I know that the church is true and that through the church we can find happiness. I really like the talk about Joy. It was by Russell M Nelson, if you didn't get a chance to hear it please go listen to it. Haha this week was so great but also really hard. Like every week.
This week I was on an exchange with Elder Lara in a completely different area. We were walking back to the place where we were going to pick up the bus and we were walking on a huge long railroad track. I wish I would’ve had my camera because it was pretty cool, but anyways we were walking and I was looking around and saw a house and I felt strongly that we needed to go to that house. I kind of started walking over but then I realized that Elder Lara was way ahead of me and we were kind of in a hurry so I kind of just brushed it off. The thought came again so I turned around and Elder Lara saw me and asked what was up.  I told him that we should go down to that house and he happily agreed. We went down to the house and knocked and a lady answered and came out and she was obviously upset. We talked further with her and she told us that she has things in her life with her family going wrong and she had no idea what to do. We taught her the plan of salvation and she immediately accepted. It was so great. I know the church is true. 
Haha a funny story is that we were at the house of a family eating lunch and the dad speaks pretty good English since he works for the radio and the son is learning English. The dad asked me if I would say a prayer over the food in English so his son could learn. I was saying it in English and all was going great and then I just started saying it in half Spanish and half English and my brain was so confused. Haha it was frustrating but also a miracle at the same time.
The food is so great here. I am definitely getting chubby. Oh man it doesn’t matter how much you work out when you eat 16 tacos in one sitting. Haha the people just keep bringing food out and it’s not a bad thing because it is so good but sometimes it’s just so much. I tried a new fruit also. Called a tuna…so good. I bought some at the store, they are super cheap. They are the fruit from the inside of a cactus.
I know the church is true. I love you guys. I don’t know if I’m going to be able to send pictures. The computer is acting up. I will send double next week though!

Love you guys! Elder Hawley!

No comments:

Post a Comment