Monday, October 9, 2017

So. Much. Rain. 10/09/17

This week it rained like every single day, haha the streets and everything were completely flooded. The streets were so full of water! Like we just were walking in water up to the bottom of our calfs. So crazy, but so fun!

This week we found a ton of people! We are teaching a really cool family, the family Carrera! They just moved here from another part of Matamoros and they are super cool! They love going to church! This week the daughter cut her foot open pretty bad playing and stepped on a big piece of glass. I cleaned it and bandaged it up. I felt really good that I could help her! We also found a lot of other people that came to church with us, but we’ll see how their progression goes through this next week!

I really like Matamoros. It’s so big and I feel like I’m always a little lost, but that’s okay. It’s going to be an adjustment, but I’m ready for it. We live in a small little house again. It’s a room to study that’s together with a little tiny kitchen, a bathroom, a bedroom and a room for bags and clothes. We have two bunk beds pushed together and that takes up like the whole room. We all get along super well!!! We eat a ton basically with members! They are super cool!!! I’m going to have to start doing more exercises.
 This week we ate with a really cool lady whose husband had passed away. She talked to us for a while about her husband and how faithful he was. She told us that he had a phrase and what she told me really impacted me! What she asked was...Are we converted to the church or are we converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ? If we are really converted to the gospel, we would live much differently, then just going to church on Sunday. I love being a missionary, because I have so much time to dedicate to the service of the Lord, but there are so many things that I can still improve and I’m excited to do it!

Haha this week I ate a ton of chile. On Sunday oh man I woke up not a happy man. Let’s just say I’m gonna take a break from spicy food for this week, if I can.
 Pics from this week… a picture with the elders of my house. 
 Taking a picture with a pineapple (they call the pretty girls here pineapples who knows why haha).
 
From when we got soaked in the rain, when a member gave us a ride in the back of his truck.

Love you guys a ton!

Elder Hawley



No comments:

Post a Comment