Monday, October 2, 2017

CONFERENCE 10/02/17

Wow, I sure loved conference this weekend, siempre puede (you can always) feel the spirit so strong! I will be going over all my notes this week but oh man there was so many good things that I learned and that I’m excited to apply in these upcoming weeks and in my life!
 
The one thing I really noted in general is that they talked a lot about service and the Book of Mormon! These two things I have really gained a testimony of mientras (while) being in the mission! Keep reading the Book of Mormon and if you’re not, now is a great time to start! It is such a great blessing that we can have in our lives!  It’s our responsibility to share with others who don’t have it!
 
I really like the new area and ward here, the members (about 120) are super nice and are super supportive in missionary work, so we are hoping to have lots of success! The area is super big so I’m probably going to get lost a bit at first but I’m up for the challenge. I am like 2 ½ hours away from the mission home now. My new companion is Elder Cisneros (he’s the one with the backpack on in the pictures) and he is from Veracruz. He is super cool and I’m super pumped to work with him! These last couple of days we have been super busy working with lots of other missionaries getting ready for the next month! I have been able to see some really good friends again, like Elder Munoz! He was my second companion and now I am living with him again in a trio, but he is leaving to go home in like 10 days!
 Matamoros is super super humid and rains a lot more and floods the streets. My area has beach front, I’m really tempted to go swimming haha!

The food is super good here like normal. There is a really good bread store next door so I might be gaining some weight, but it’s like 2 pesos for one donut. So good haha.

I love you guys so much and I miss you all a ton!

Elder Hawley

No comments:

Post a Comment