Monday, October 23, 2017

Everyone Can Be a Missionary 10/23/17

Wow these two weeks have flown by so fast! We are working super hard here and seeing some awesome results! I am loving it! We found a really cool family, the family Maldonado! They are like 4 families in one! They are super excited to go to church and we are excited to help them keep going strong! Also one of our families of converts, the family Lopez, this last week went to stake conference and loved it. They had to drive like an hour to get there and it was super awesome and I am so happy for them! Also the family Carrera left. They moved to Zacatecas with the family of the mom. They left because the dad was treating them unfairly and they definitely deserve better. It’s a good thing though because now the mom can get baptised because here she wasn’t married and her boyfriend didn’t want to get married. They called us this last week and they are doing super great. They are excited to keep going to church.

This week I had to give a talk on the spot. The bishop asked me like 5 minutes before it was time to go up... haha that was a first, but it turned out really good. I talked about the missionary work and how everyone can be a missionary. In the way that we live we can be a light to so many people around us. Like it teaches us in chapter 14 of Mathew, we are called to be a light unto everyone! I invited everyone to share the gospel with everyone they know. If we don’t directly talk to them about it, we can at least set a good example for them.

I have lots of pictures to send, but I haven’t been able to send them yet. One of these weeks I’ll get them to you guys!

I am loving it here in Matamoros and I hope you guys are all doing super great!

Elder Hawley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment