Monday, September 25, 2017

Matamoros Here We Go! 9/25/17

This week was a good week. We found some really awesome familes to teach, but I am getting transferred to Matamoros tomorrow morning, another city across the mission. I’m excited to be able to go there but sad to leave my companion and the area. I’m going to miss the place I’m in a lot, but it will be a good time to be able to grow. Alot of elders are going home soon that are zone leaders, so they made a lot of changes this week. There are a total of 14 zone leaders in the mission. My new companion will be Elder Cisneros, a native, and I kind of know him. We will still be zone leaders in the new area.

I’m excited because everyone talks really good about Matamoros, but I don’t want to leave Camargo or my companion. We have had great success together in the short time we have been here which is only like 25 days and I’m going to miss it so much! I am sick of packing and unpacking. I didn’t even finish unpacking haha from when I got to Camargo! I’m going to miss the people here so much, but it’s okay because I hope one day I can come visit them again! We left like two families that are super excited to be baptised too.

Something I learned this week is that God works in mysterious ways, and if we always follow the promptings of the spirit, God will work miracles in our lives! We found a lot of people just by being in the right place at the right time!

We haven’t had any effects of the earthquakes! It is super super sad to hear about it all though.
                                               A carnival that we got to go to last week.
 
                         A really cool visor that we got for free from this awesome taco place! 
                                                        The town square in Camargo!
                                        Also from a city in our zone called Miguel Aleman! 
                                                      On top of a ferris wheel! 
 
                                          A picture we took looking across the river at Texas!

I love you guys all so much and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Hawley



No comments:

Post a Comment