First off I want to let you know that Thomas and his family are married and got baptized this last Saturday! Actually him and his 4 daughters did. His wife didn’t because she got super scared of the water...but she will this week I think. It was honestly such an amazing experience. I am so happy for them and they were so happy and excited! I would send a picture but the computer isn’t letting me upload them!
This week I had the chance to go with someone in the high council to open a new missionary area! It was such an amazing experience. It is a little tiny branch that has like 10 people. We were in chairs outside the house of one of the members and I got to help direct the services. It was a super cool place because it was like a little tiny village and the houses were super far apart. But despite all of that, during the services I felt the spirit so strong to hear the testimony of these family’s and was such a strengthening to me. It doesn’t matter where you are, how many people there are, or the circumstances, the Lord is always going to be with us when we come together in his name!
As we were leaving, there were a line of soldiers that were stopping all the cars and checking the people giving them pat downs and checking their bags and everything. They pulled us over and told me to get out of the car. They took my backpack off and opened it and first saw the Bible and Book of Mormon and asked me where I was from. I told him Utah and that we are missionaries. He was shocked or something and apologized and then told us we could go, didn’t check the car or anything. Haha it was super cool and then they joked for a little with us and then we left. So awesome.
A new elder is living in our house. His name is Elder Hansen. He just barely got here, super cool, pics soon to come.
I love you guys!!! Have a super great week!
Elder Hawley
No comments:
Post a Comment