Monday, July 31, 2017

HALF WAY!!! UN ANO!!!! 7/31/17

I want to share an awesome experience that we had this week! There is a family that got baptised like 5 months ago, everyone except for the dad! Every missionary has been working with them trying to help the dad get baptised, and he just always said that he needed more time to go to church and lots of other things! All of my companions and I have worked with him, and we just could not help him. He understood everything perfectly, just didn’t want to do it. This last Saturday the family were going to invite us to eat dinner because the husband had been thinking a lot, and he had decided that he wanted to get baptised.  At the beginning of the week we had lost our phone and the family didn’t know how they were going to invite us to come and eat and to tell us the good news! Then the husband just told his wife, “Don’t worry the Elders will be getting here soon, I just feel it!” His wife thought he was crazy because he just said that he was sure of it! My companion and I were walking home and we just had the feeling to go to their house and ask for a ride home because it was getting dark and they lived close! We got to their house like 5 minutes after the husband had said that we were going to come. They invited us to eat dinner with them. Then the husband told us that he was ready to get baptised, and he wanted to do it the next day because he didn’t want to wait any longer. He just had realized that he was missing something in his life. Then he realized that he needed to be closer to God and that’s when he realized that getting baptised was the thing he needed to do! It was such a miracle. I was so happy. We were running around like crazy the next day to get it all organized and the baptismal font was broken, so we had to go to another church. It all worked out so perfectly and was such an amazing experience. I know the Lord has his timing for everything. We just need to have faith in him and his timing and everything will work out great!

Also we had a little party because I have ONE year now in the mission. Time is flying and we are loving the experience! Great week to everyone! I love you guys a ton!


 Love,
Elder Hawley






No comments:

Post a Comment