Monday, July 10, 2017

Para El Hermano Walker 7/10/17

Wow first of off I just want to say that to go on a mission is probably the best decision I have ever made in my life, and I'm not just saying that because everyone says that. I truly am so grateful for the chance that the Lord has given me to be able to dedicate 2 years of my life to the service of his children. The things I have gained from being on a mission is that it has strengthened my testimony so much, made a lot of new friends, helped so many of the Lord's children, had a lot of fun, and developed a resistance to spicy food. The thing that really helped me to decide if I should go on a misison was prayer. I remember I was getting to the point where it was time to put my papers in and I really wanted to know that if the mission was the best thing for me to do. Like I had always wanted to serve a mission, I just wanted to really know because it was going to be a big change in my life. I remember I prayed about it and it didn't come right away. I was sitting in a stake conference and the speaker started to talk about missionary work and I just felt and in that moment knew that I needed to go on a mission. Right now there really isn't anything that I would trade for the time I have had in the mission. If I could give some advice, it would be to learn the scriptures and strengthen your testimony in all parts of the gospel. The stronger you can have your testimony before the mission, the more people you will be able to help! I know that missionary work is the best thing we can do with our lives. If you can dedicate this time to the Lord, he will help you to learn so many things, will bless you so much and so many other people through you. The mission is truly awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment