Monday, April 3, 2017

I'm Going to be a Grandpa 4/03/17

 

Haha this week they told me that I have transfers! I am going to another part of the city like 45 minutes away, but I am super excited! I’m moving to an area called Refineria. It’s a super huge area. It’s called a colony, or just like a smaller part of the city. I am going to be a “grandpa”, training a new missionary named Elder Bair. He is a new American from Montana and has been here like 3 months. I will be finishing his training. He’s super cool. I am super pumped, it is going to be so great!  I am sad to be leaving my area now, but my current companion (my son) is going to be training a new missionary there so I’m super excited for him too! 

This week has literally been so great, with the general conference and all the blessings and the trials too. I loved general conference and everytime I watch it I feel like I learn things that are so specific to my needs, so great. If you didn’t get the chance to watch it, you can go to lds.org to enjoy!

Haha today one of the convert families of missionaries in my district invited us to go fishing with them. I was super excited. Little did I know they weren’t going to go fishing with poles but with nets. It was a super fun time. We only caught a couple fish but it was super great.

My pictures got deleted...all of them...most of the computers here have viruses and sometimes they just delete your fotos apparently...so yeah.. I hopefully will be able to recover them.

It was my companion’s birthday this week and we had a family night with the ward that day. It was super fun! Also we bought us some sparkling apple ciders, root beers, and hamburgers to celebrate. Haha don’t think bad of us. We climbed on the roof and relaxed a little bit…so great.

Here are some pictures of the awesome kid that we baptized this last week. He sent me these photos and an awesome letter. I’m going to miss him and his family a ton.

This week has been a little bit of a struggle, but I have felt so much love and support from the Savior. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father and that Jesus Christ loves us too. I hope that you all know that.

If I can get the pictures back I will try to send them! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Hawley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment