Monday, January 23, 2017

Trials and Blessings 1/23/17

I lost my wallet. Found an amazing family. A baptism fell through. The members are helping us so much. I am getting fat. The food is so delicious. Haha I could go on but I don’t have lots of time. All I know is that when we pass through trials, if we can learn from them we will receive so many blessings. We are all going to pass through trials but the Lord will not leave us alone in our afflictions. He hears our prayers. If we ask in faith and it is a worthy request he will help us.

I had an awesome experience with prayer. It was super late and all the buses had passed, we didn’t have enough money for a taxi and we were in a more or less dangerous part of the highway, probably like an hour away from the house walking. I honestly had no idea what to do. I just felt a comforting feeling come over me to say a prayer. I asked if there was a way we could get home. I explained the situation and ended the prayer. Like 5 seconds later a guy pulled over and asked if we wanted a ride. He used to be a member of our church and saw us there and pulled over. I love the church and I love to know that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us and will do anything to help us learn and grow.

We have a super cool family named Vincente and they are super awesome. My district is doing great! Everyone is baptizing.

Love you guys a ton! Have a great week.

Elder Hawley

No comments:

Post a Comment