Well I’m twenty years old
(one of the kids in the family we are teaching told me that I look like
I am 50 years old) and I already have been out 6 months. I can’t
believe that time is passing by so fast. How’s
it going there for you all??? I’ve heard that it is so cold, haha I’m
jealous that I’m missing the snow!
This week has been
something of a miracle. I have learned so much. The missing dad showed
up, drunk and passed out. My wallet is still missing though. I honestly
have learned that the power of prayer is 100% real.
We have found some great, amazing, wonderful, funny people this week. I
want to tell you guys a story about a lady we found named Yesid. We
were out contacting trying to find people in a new area that we had
never been in. We started walking and then my companion
said… let’s say a prayer. Okay thats a good idea. We said a prayer and
went to work. I turned and saw a little dirt road, super muddy, with a
little house at the end of the street. I had a super strong feeling to
go there. We started to walk toward the house.
We got there and Yesid was outside with her little daughter hanging up
clothes. Turns out that her sister passed away not more than 6 months
ago and she was having a really hard time. We taught her the plan of
salvation, she loved it and accepted it immediately.
The next day we taught her about the Book of Mormon and she loved it
too. She read the part we left for her and loved it. When she prays with
us she calls us her new friends haha. I honestly don’t think there is
anything that brings more joy than to see someone
change there life and start to receive the blessings for it.
This week was super
awesome. We are going to pass through trials in this life and God isn’t
going to take them away, but he will give us the strength to push
through them.
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, love you a ton! So grateful for the friends I have here in the mission that threw me a surprise party, (there’s
a tradition here that they get to push your face into the cake haha).
Also we have some kids that are our friends that give us rides in there golf cart sometimes
haha. They’re so awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment