Monday, January 9, 2017

Rosca de Reyes 1/09/17

Hey my week has been so so good! This week has been really interesting because I haven’t had a companion so I have been working in trio with several different elders. First of all it has been so so cold. Haha I was dying. It got below 0 degrees here in celcius which I know is not that cold in comparision to there but I am so use to the constant heat. It was freezing.

This week was a holiday in Mexico of the Rosca de Reyes (Spanish and Spanish American king's cake pastry traditionally eaten to celebrate Epiphany). They just make these super good giant ring doughnut things. I went with two of the elders to help this lady who owns a bakery and we made a ton of them, through this service project. She wants to listen to the missionary discussion and also her family and friends! Service always softens the hearts of people, enough so that they want to listen! Also tomorrow I am going to get my first "son" on the mission. I am going to get him tomorrow to start his training, I am so excited! I love you all so much! I hope you guys are doing good! I will write more next week!

Love, Elder Hawley

No comments:

Post a Comment