Well
this week we didn’t have water...they turned it off...well because
there was some confusion and nobody paid the bill for like 3 months
haha. So we had to
ask our neighbor member for buckets of water because the water company
couldn’t come to our house to turn on the water for a week. So we bathed
in ice cold water with a bowl haha. It was definitely an experience to
remember.
Things
are super great with my new companion. I have learned so much Spanish.
Some days are a struggle with the language but we communicate almost
normal. The
area we are in is such a challenge. We were teaching almost 15 families
and right now we have like 5. It is just hard to see people turn away
from the chance of a lifetime. We just need to love them. There
is a scripture in Moroni 7:46- 48. It talks about being filled with the pure love of Christ.
This
week we had a miracle. One day it was pouring rain so we were running
through the muddy streets looking for shelter and we found this little
ledge on the
side of a building that was blocking the water. So we took shelter
there for a little to see if the rain would go away or if we were going
to have to go out through it. Like 10 seconds later this mom runs over
with her hija (daughter) for shelter and we started
to talk. Turns out she had been hearing the lessons from other
missionaries and was progressing really good but then her work changed
and she couldn’t go to church or hear the missionaries. We found her and
she is doing great, still reading the Book of Mormon
and working towards baptism. It is so crazy how that works out.
Also
today we played soccer and since my skills are getting better they let
me come out of the goalie box and play for real haha. I got nailed in
the face but
I saved us from getting scored on. We play with our district and zone
depending on where we have our weekly meeting. I love it here and I know
that we can live joyfully even in the midst of our trials. I hope you
are all doing great! Miss you all and love
you!
No comments:
Post a Comment