Monday, November 21, 2016

Baby, Firefighter, Pianist 11/21/16

This week a little girl in our ward told me that I talk like a baby, but at least she could understand what I was saying. In addition to being a baby I am also a pianist and firefighter.

This week in the ward they had the presentation of the primary. They didn’t have anyone to play the piano so on Monday they asked me if I knew how to play the piano because apparently all Americans know how. I told them that I could see if I could play the songs because I know a little piano. They gave me one and asked me to see if I could play it and it was more or less easy. I told them yeah I could do it. Then they handed me a folder with 11 other songs, and told me that I had these too. When the presentation arrived I had only played the songs like 4 or 5 times. The sister that was in charge was super worried that I was going to mess up haha so I prayed because they had worked really hard to learn the songs and I wanted to do everything that I could to play the piano good enough. I started to play and I was playing perfectly. I don’t know how but I played all 12 songs super good, almost without mistakes. It was super cool.

Also a firefighter. We were in a lesson with a family that lives in some apartments, and they live on the first floor. Like 3 floors up someone was welding and the sparks were flying everywhere. Like 10 minutes later the dad turned and looked out the window and there were huge flames coming from the other side of the wall. The family has a wooden roof and the flames were getting super close so immediately I jumped up and ran outside with the dad and climbed the wall and he handed me a hose and I started to spray the crap out of the fire. It was like a dream come true but instead of wearing protective clothing I just had a name tag and dress clothes haha. I don’t know how the fire got put out, it was honestly a miracle.

We get some super good hamburgers sometimes at this little building. And food sometimes at a place called Tacos Barron that is super close to our house.

We found a really cool family this week whose kids want to be baptised. They told us they were going to come to church. As church started they still hadn’t arrived and none of the other people we invited had either. I was really disappointed. With like 20 minutes left of sacrament meeting they got there. Better late than never to the classes after the kids had a ton of fun.

The mission is going super great. I have a great watch tan line and am having a great time.

Love you guys, Elder Hawley.

No comments:

Post a Comment