Hi Elder!
How has your week been? I
cannot believe you head to Reynosa on Monday! Do you feel like you
are prepared to go? Are you going to miss the MTC and who you have been
working with and/or teachers/leaders? Do you know any of the Elders you
will be traveling with? It will be the Labor Day holiday for us. We
will look forward to your call or email when you arrive in Reynosa. You
can call my cell phone if you can make a phone call.
This
week has been good but busy for us with everything that goes with kids
back in school. Things are going well and they all really like their
classes. Megan has Brother Burton for seminary and she really likes him.
He asked about you. Miles thinks school is really long now haha but he
really likes his teacher. I am going to volunteer in his classroom on
Friday mornings and help the kids with reading.
We went to
Dylan's homecoming on Sunday which was good. His theme that he chose for
his talk was "For the worth of souls is great in the sight of God". He
talked about some of his good and bad experiences he had. We visited
with him at his home afterwards. He asked how you were doing. He seems
to be doing good, just really tired, and trying to adjust back to
regular life. He headed to BYU to start classes on Monday. Jeni texted
me and said that he rooms with six guys who all swam so they are taking
a Master's Swim class. Dylan told Jeni that just swimming a 100 wipes
him out. He cannot believe how out of shape he is.
Paula
said that Thomas is doing good and really likes the new swim coach at C
of I. He is having them swim in open water during a retreat. She
said the new coach seems organized and on top of things giving out info,
etc. Do you miss swimming?
Dr. Richards stops by my office and asks about you. He wanted me to add him to the group email so I did.
Are
you finding time to exercise? Hopefully that helps relieve some
stress. Have you seen any kind of animals, birds, or different
insects when you have been outside at the MTC? Include any details
(good or bad) you can give me while you are away, so I can put together
everything from your mission for you to have and read after you return. I
wish I had more from you on experiences with you and other elders,
teachers, or "investigators" while you have been at the MTC...hopefully
you have written them in your journal.
Miles is really into
making forts thanks to you haha. He and Malia made a big one downstairs
in the big room and had it up for a few days. When it was time to
clean it up Miles said, "No, I want to leave it up for Mitch to see when
he gets back". Haha I don't think he quite gets how long two years is.
He now makes forts on the couches and on our bed haha.
We
really miss you but are so happy and proud of you and excited to hear of
your experiences in Reynosa. Give it your all as this two-year
opportunity will go by fast and you don't want to look back and say, "I
should have tried harder or done something different". Don't
let girls or anything distract you, stress you, or make you think of
your future...everything will fall into place when and how it should
when the time comes. Just focus on these next two years day by day, step
by step, and take in and enjoy every moment. Remember that "The most
effective missionaries always act out of LOVE-by Elder Dallin H. Oaks.
Also, always stay POSITIVE & SMILE as you were told by the MTC
president.
Read Alma Chapter 32 especially as you are going
into the field. I love this chapter about having Faith and how important
it is to "plant the seeds".
We always look forward to hearing how your week has been. Can't wait to hear tomorrow.
We love you!
Mom
~Mitch
My week has been great! I feel like i am pretty prepared i wish i knew
more spanish but thats alright! I love the mtc but i want to leave so
bad it is very repetative and hard to stay focused. I know like one
elder traveling with me, but they are all native. I am so happy for
megan and malia and miles. I hope you guys get my letter that i sent. I
think that i want to swim when i get back. I cant decide if at the
college of idaho or some where else but either way we will see. I miss
working in dr richards office that was so fun, hopefully one day i can
for real! I work out super hard everyday. I miss miles tell him ill be
back soon. I love everyone haha or try to.
No comments:
Post a Comment