So
this is my last p day in the mtc. Wow, time has literally flied by so
fast. I feel like ive known my companions and district and zone like
forever but time is over now. They are all going to the same mission and
i am going on a separate plane at 2 in the morning and i am the only
american in my group haha it should be interesting. We taught this
really old lady who was already a member this week and I felt the spirit
so strong when she bore her testimony about the last 70 years of her
church life. I know the church is true and I cant wait to be able to
teach the people of reynosa. I literally want nothing more than that.
Also this week me and the elders in my district buzzed our heads and we
look like goobs but its so nice i dont even have do my hair in the
morning. Also I wanted to share an experience, so when i was made zone
leader me and my companion had to pick my replacement for district
leader. He had us both tell him individually who we thought and we
couldnt discuss it with each other. I was so scared i was going to make
the wrong decision but i prayed really fast and then pointed to a
person. Haha and then our district president looked at me and just shook
his head. I was like thats it hes gonna send me home i picked the wrong
person hah. then my companion went and picked and then the district
president came out and was tearing up and out of the 20 something people
we all had picked the same person who I had never really though about
choosing first. It was an amazing feeling i had after. So I havent
started packing yet either but ill have time i dont leave for 3 more
days. The food at the hospital was so good, i ordered the only thing i
could read on the menu, or that I recognized and it was a giant club
sandwich with bacon and ham and chicken salad. so great. Miss you guys
but i cant wait to get in the field. Im not sure if i will have a pday
for like a week or two so love you guys!
~Mitch
hey!!
~Mom
Hey hey. How have you been?
I forgot to tell you in my email yesterday that Kyle
Fujikawa is playing Lacrosse at Southern Virginia University. It was a
crazy week for him and his family last week, everything happened so
fast and all at the last minute. Kristy was able to go with him over
the weekend until Tuesday to get his room set up. He is excited to be
there. Remember that was the school that kept begging you to go there
until you asked them if they had a swim team which they don't haha.
~Mitch
So good! Well actually just alright, i was in the hospital with my
companion for the last two days and he has a stomach infection they
think so I feel really bad for him. But me and the mission president
gave him a blessing and I know that everything will be okay. I talked to
a elder who was struggling in the hospital and he was having a super
hard time it was his first week and he had to have surgery and was
really down. I wanted to help him but there wasnt much i could do which
was super hard, but hes a tough kid and will be alright, i told him to
say high once he got back to the mtc.
thats awesome about kyle though! i am super happy for him!
~Mom
Did you guys get the letters i sent you??
Oh my goodness. Is your companion still in the
hospital? What are they doing for him? Antibiotics? We will pray for
him. Are you feeling better physically yourself? You are being such a
strong and good example for others!
~Mitch
Yeah I hope he gets released tomorrow! yeah they are pumping him full of
antibiotics. I feel great myself! I have actually had a hard week
though because I have seen so many people struggling and It is kind of
weighing me down but i just want to help everyone. Satan has been
working so hard on me trying to make me feel unworthy and like i cant be
here but I know that he is wrong and just because he trys to do that to
me I want to teach every single person to make him miserable
~Mom
You are definitely doing the right thing and have
the right attitude. Don't ever let Satan win. You are strong. I feel
when we are doing right and good things, satan is even trying harder to
"win". Keep praying, following the spirit, and obeying the rules. You
will continue to do great things!
Melanie Olson told me that a
swimmer from CCAT was sent home recently from the Mexico MTC due to
having so much anxiety. I wonder if you know him and/or worked with
him.
~Mitch
I doubt i know him but maybe!
~Mom
Have you had positive things happen this past week? I
thought I would hear from your MTC president before you leave but I
haven't. Feel free to give him my email address. Could you have a
picture taken of you and your zone and an "exit" picture of those
leaving to email me or have posted on the MTC facebook page? I have seen
some of other groups posted.
~Mitch
Yes this week has actually been super great and spiritual for me. and yeah I will take a picture with them all.
~Mom
Melanie and Ryan say they think about you and pray for you every day as we all do! Could you still get a picture of you and your district too as a separate picture?
~Mitch
yeah for sure! Did i send you the one of me and my district at the temple?
~Mom
No, just you alone.
~Mitch
okay ill send one with everyone.
~Mom
What a great experience in following the spirit and
getting an answer to prayer. I'm confused though, when did you become
zone leader? I thought you told me that you wanted someone else to have
a longer chance instead of you? Can you send pictures this week? The
more you send the better then I can have them in case something happens
to your camera...I hope not though. Are you writing your experiences in
your journal? You will want them to look back on.
~Mitch
They told me that they wanted me to do it so i said okay!
Also i used my card this week so i could get some money to use while im
here. also my camera broke. someone on the bus stepped on it and i
didnt want to make them feel bad. but the camera part works the screen
doesnt though. I am writing them in my journal but the days are just so
repetative. I will buy a new camera once i get to the field. I tried to
take some but i don tknow how they turned out!
~Mom
We have not received the letters yet. I'm sorry about your
camera. Hopefully the pictures are still okay on the card. How many
have been in your zone?
~Mitch
We probably have like close to 80 or 90.
~Mom
my pday ends at like 5 but im out of time! I love you guys tell the kids i love them! hopefully you get my letter soon!
Wow...have you enjoyed that as much as being district
leader? What has been the biggest challenge? What has been the best?
Melanie Olson said his name is Ty Payne. He ended up going home last
week...so sad!
~Mitch
So i really liked being district leader but i really think i would like
being zone leader too, i wish i had more time. The biggest challenge is
seeing missionaries struggle and not really being able to help them
more. The best is seeing them overcome problems and become better
missionaries.
~Mom
I am very happy for you that you accepted the challenge
and both callings. It shows what a good leader, example, friend, and
person you are. Keep up the good work. You will have more
opportunities come your way and you will be blessed. You are a great
missionary! What time does your p-day officially end?
~Mitch
my pday ends at like 5 but im out of time! I love you guys tell the kids i love them! hopefully you get my letter soon!
~Mom
We love you...good luck packing and safe travels. We
will be anxiously awaiting your arrival to Reynosa. Stay positive and
keep smiling. Tell your comp we are praying for him!
~Mitch
Alright love you!
~Mom
Did you receive your package for this week and see what I wrote about PB&J?
No comments:
Post a Comment