Haha
it’s been a little bit since I sent emails home...sorry about that! We
have been super super busy! But some fun or cool things that have
happened lately, I got to baptise
the wife of one of my very first converts! She is super awesome and
loves the church! She called me and told me she wanted me to go and
baptise her! I gave her reference to the sister missionaries and also a
really awesome family whose daughter just turned
9. I got to baptize her too! I love them.
Then
like two days ago we had a Family Home Evening with some cool members
and made brownies with them! Haha it was just mostly so they would
borrow us there oven, but they
are super nice.
A
new AP is one of my old companions, Elder Cisneros. He will be awesome.
I love the guy! Also we got to watch a movie with the mission president
and his family! It was
because the whole mission got to watch Coco but we didn’t get to watch
it because we were busy, so the sister invited us over.
We
have been busy traveling and working in the zones! Sometimes I am gone
for days at a time. This week we will be traveling all week to the
different zone conferences.
Crazy thing acutally that happened this week is the office got broke into,
Saturday
super early in the morning! They went through all the stuff and took a
huge box of phones but jokes on them....they took the broken phone box
haha. They didn’t really take anything else really important,
just a projector, that was a bummer.
To
finish a really cool story....like two months ago we contacted a family
in Matamoros that are from Texas. They were super awesome and nice, and
we got their information
and sent the referral to the missionaries over there. For like three
weeks I was checking on the computer to see if they had contacted them
yet and it still said no??? Then just this last week I saw that there
was a check mark next to their name in the system
and that the missionaries had passed by and visited them but that was
all it was. I wanted to know what else happened or if they accepted or
something cool happened, so I decided to call the family to see what was
up. I called and the mom of the family answered
and I started to talk to her and asked if the missionaries had passed
by and she said yeah! Then she said it was actually a little bit of a
miracle that they passed by. She explained that her husband had gotten
in a really bad car accident and that her husband
had passed away. Then the next morning the missionaries passed by. She
said that she knew that they had been sent by God. The missionaries had
taken almost two months to finally contact them, and when they did it
was when they needed it most.
It
was very sad to hear that news but I know that God loves us and we have
trials and problems that we go through, but we are never alone. He is
always with us and will
always give us the ways to be able to rise above the problem. We just
need to trust in Him and do everything we can to follow Him, and
everything always works out. His timing is perfect.
I love you guys so much and miss you, but I am loving it here too!
Elder Hawley






No comments:
Post a Comment