Monday, June 26, 2017

Good Week to Come! (11 meses) 6/26/17

  This week I think is going to be a great week. The family I talked about last week will be getting married, then if everything goes well with the dad’s work, they will be getting baptized Saturday! I'm so happy for them. Last week was super great. The thing that we did that was cool was taking pictures dressed as thugs haha see photos.
 This week we had a cool experience. About a month ago we were running late for an appointment in the church with an investigator. We were walking super fast to get there on time and a guy saw us practically running and pulled over and asked if we wanted a ride. So we hopped in his truck. He took us to the church and then dropped us off outside. During the ride we introduced ourselves and explained that we are missionaries and that we help people and teach them about God and all the good stuff. He told us his name is Jose. He said he was interested and one day he would come to church. We just figured it was like a lot of people and we probably weren’t going to see him again. Last Sunday we walked into the church and I saw him. He got up and told us that he felt like he really needed to come to church and that we were an answer to his prayers. He accompanied us the whole three hours and liked it a lot. As he was leaving he high fived me and said....”Well I guess I’ll see you guys next Sunday right?” He is so awesome.
 This week we got to go to a meeting with the Mission President to teach all of the branch presidents in the area. We had to give a presentation. We were a little nervous at first but once we started, everything went super great. After we went for some sweet tacos.
  For Father’s Day we played a song that we made up. It was super funny and I played the guitar. I wish we could have recorded it, but a member just took a picture of us. I am still having opportunities to play the piano and I am learning good. I can play some hymns now!

I love you guys and miss you all a ton! See you in 13 months maybe...don’t want to come home so soon.

Love,

Elder Hawley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment