Monday, June 19, 2017

Fathers Day! 6/19/17

Hey everyone, I am sorry I forgot to write a letter last week! I realized after I had logged out. I think the heat is melting my brain! 

This week was super great! We had one family in special that came to church this week that are so awesome! I’m going to tell you their story! The dad of the family, his name is Thomas, had just barely moved to Rio Bravo. One afternoon he contacted us and we started to talk. He told us that he was meeting with the missionaries a long time ago and going to church, but he stopped going. He realized that the church brought him so many blessings, so he and his family needed to go to church again. We went and visited him and he told us about his life and man he has passed through some suprisingly hard things. He then started telling us how he saw lots of families walking into the church the first day they had gotten to Rio Bravo. He saw how happy they looked and then came to the conclusion that the thing they were missing is that they needed to get married and get baptized. He has been so awesome! If everything goes good they will be getting married this week and baptized the next week. It’s families like them that make the hard times easier to push through! 

Right now I want to give a shout out to my dad. He is the best. I’m so thankful for him and the example and advice and support he’s given me over the years! 

I am going to be getting new shews (haha his spelling though) this week, and shout out to my fam for the bag of Hi Chews…so great. The spinners are a hit! I actually gave my spinner away to a guy that has a smoking problem because he smokes when he is anxious. He hasn’t smoked since I gave him the spinner!!! Sorry I regifted it.

I love you guys all a ton!

Elder Hawley

No comments:

Post a Comment