Monday, January 1, 2018

Christmas was Awesome! Hello General Bravo! 1/1/18

 
So two weeks have passed since I wrote, but that’s okay because they have been some great weeks! So...today I ate cow stomach, so nasty. Ugh, I was so full and it was so hard to finish, but that’s okay because the sister that gave it to us is so amazing.

Also I have transfers this week. I’m going to open a new branch with Elder Cox, the companion I was with before! We will be going to a new city. We will be in Nuevo Laredo! The place is called General Bravo to open a new branch super far away! I will be leaving Tuesday and we have to find a house and a place for the church! It will be a super exciting experience!
 
Christmas Eve we passed all the time with a really cool family, and then we got to call the fam. I love my fam. The family we were with had all there family over and did a gift exchange. They bought us gifts! Haha a cool body wash deodorant pack that smells super good, one for me and also for my comp. Haha I don’t know what they were trying to tell us.
 Christmas Day was also awesome! We made a deal with a family of converts that if they read the Book of Mormon in three months we would come and visit them on Christmas and they did it!!! So awesome. So we got permission and went and stayed the day with them and it was so fun! I love them so much they are going so strong in the church and ah man. So great.
 These last couple of days have been really great too! We had an awesome baptism on Saturday of a really cool guy we have been teaching! His name is Marcial! We had been teaching his whole family and we actually baptised them. He couldn’t because he had some problems he had to fix first! We started teaching him again and he had already read the Book of Mormon almost two times! He still had the problems and couldn’t get them all fixed! One day we went with him to put a goal for his baptism and to see how to help him fix the things. It didn’t really go too well....he really wanted to be baptised but could not get over the trials he was having! So we decided to leave him again. Two weeks passed by and he calls us and tells us that the whole too weeks he stopped his problems and wanted to be baptized and wanted us to come over to teach him again! We get to his house that night to find that he had completley changed, new hair cut, new clothes, no problems and ready for baptism. He was so happy and excited that he finally could do it. He told us it was the strength and comfort that prayer and the Book of Mormon brought. So cool! He was so happy on Saturday and he will be getting the priesthood next week! 
I love you guys so much and I hope you are having a great new year!

Elder Hawley


No comments:

Post a Comment