Monday, December 11, 2017

Rat Hunter 2017 12/11/17

This week we had a visitor Friday morning. To start off, it was so cold this day. It was so cold it snowed!!! I felt like I was at home! I went to my closet to my drawer that had all of my winter clothes and as I was pulling them out...what runs up my arm...a rat? What? That sounds awesome? Jaja I don’t know why but it scared me so bad. Jaja then for the next 30 minutes we were chasing it all over the place and finally I grabbed a cardboard box and went to catch it and I accidentally killed it....poor guy. We took some funny videos but I’m not sure if I can send them! I will try.

So this day it snowed in the morning and we were just walking around wet and cold knocking on doors and nobody wanted to come out. Then just as we were about to give up and go buy some hot chocolate, we saw this girl walk out of her house and go around back and we decide...well if she can just walk out she can listen to us too! So we knocked on the door and her sister and brother answered, they immediately accept us in, and we taught them. They are super cool and really want to go to church and learn more! So that really was a miracle!

Also we are teaching this really cool gentleman (is that the right word??) named Ricardo who is like 60 and is blind! He is a friend of a member that lives really far and they gave us his direction and told us to visit him. We went to go visit him and he immediately accepted to come to church and to prepare to be baptized! He is really cool! He is teaching us to read Braille....so that is pretty cool too.

When it snowed (my comps first snow experience) we made a little snowman and it turned out pretty ugly. It was so cold the snow...it was more like an ugly slush man haha but it’s okay, it was fun.

This was a great week! I hope you guys are enjoying the cold! Have a great week!

Love you guys a ton!

Elder Hawley

No comments:

Post a Comment